Sunday, April 16, 2023

The Pro-Choice Gubernatorial Alliance

I don’t always listen to NPR as, like all of the radio stations that I listen to, I tend to switch to something else from time to time depending on my mood. But I did learn that there is now a pro-choice gubernatorial alliance.

 

https://www.axios.com/2023/02/21/governors-abortion-protection-alliance-roe

 

https://www.gov.ca.gov/2023/02/21/twenty-states-announce-historic-governor-led-reproductive-freedom-alliance/

 

Those in the alliance: California Governor Gavin Newsom, Arizona Governor Katie Hobbs, Colorado Governor Jared Polis, Connecticut Governor Ned Lamont, Delaware Governor John Carney, Hawai’i Governor Josh Green, Illinois Governor JB Pritzker, Maine Governor Janet Mills, Maryland Governor Wes Moore, Massachusetts Governor Maura Healey, Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer, Minnesota Governor Tim Walz, New Jersey Governor Phil Murphy, New Mexico Governor Michelle Lujan Grisham, New York Governor Kathy Hochul, North Carolina Governor Roy Cooper, Oregon Governor Tina Kotek, Pennsylvania Governor Josh Shapiro, Rhode Island Governor Daniel McKee, Washington Governor Jay Inslee, and Wisconsin Governor Tony Evers

 

It is sad that one of these now exists as people remain convinced that abortion is the right thing to do and must be done. There is not a single Republican governor in this alliance. I might try to write these governors about this terrible thing that they are now part of. Well, I’ll write my own state’s governor for sure. As for the others, I’ll have to find someone in these states who can write to their own governor instead.

 

There isn’t much else to say about this group. It is not a group that I like such as what I have shared in the past like those seeking to uphold voter integrity or those who work together to help get rid of covid by making sure that a good alliance is going on. Instead, we get people who want innocent babies to die in the name of women’s rights.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Deciphering Some of the Problems with Pro-Choice Episodes from 2022

While I do have a blog about TV that I will link to in this blog, I might as well put the hot button issues in this or other blogs instead o...